Wednesday 2 November 2011

SAFFA girl Down Under

It's always hard to start typing when you have no idea what your niche is and if you have anything of interest to say!
I tried to think of something purposeful, like in the movie Julie and Julia where Julie blogs about finishing all of the recipes in Julia Child's recipe book in a year and all her adventures achieving this goal. But alas it seems to be just me, writing to who knows, and thinking 'this is great'!

I am a South African born and raised. Before you ask, no I am not racist and I was very young when the Apartheid was going down. I am ashamed to say that I was blissfully unaware of all the hardship. Growing up 'white' in a country like mine is very controversial. But enough about that, I think if we are going to get the stereotypes out of the way, I strive to be diverse and understanding of all people and I have spent a lot of brain power studying culture in my psychology degree because if anything I would very much love to have a greater, open-minded understanding of cultural difference.

I have some travelling, I spent two years on a working holiday visa in London before coming to Australia. That was where I met my Australian Boyfriend! My visa was going to run out and we decided to come to Melbourne (South Africa was the other choice) but I managed to get into a fabulous course and here we are! The down side...living with his folks! The up side, no rent and free food! The challenge, keeping my sanity and putting up with his mum's AWFUL singing voice that seems to have no off button! The plus side, being very much a part of a very generous, supportive family! The pro's and cons could go on for days but il leave it at that for now:)

So in a nutshell, here I am, no niche to write about, a wad of useless dribble to talk about and a brand new blog account with which to vent the dribble!
Have an AMAZING day!

No comments:

Post a Comment