Tuesday 15 November 2011

A walk to the park

I have really become a fan of taking my puppy Toby down to the park near my place! It is a lovely walk albeit the traffic etc but it's long enough to work you out a bit but short enough to keep you motivated. I take some bread a long to feed the ducks at the lake there and have discovered how much Toby loves swimming:)

I think it is so therapeutic. It reminds me of some mindfulness exercises like yoga or meditation where you clear your mind. That is what is so powerful for me. I don't think. I just watch Toby, look at all the beautiful flowers that are blooming this time of year and I just go! Toby is not the most well behaved creature mind you, despite puppy kinder! I have to constantly make sure he is not wandering into yards, barking at cars and running too far ahead on his new retractable leash (best invention ever, gives him more freedom but you still have control). Bless him, he loves every minute and that is half the fun for me:)

I think with every thing that has been going on with me, I have really taken to this time and space and fresh air. I feel numb a lot of the time because I don't really want to think about things! That said, I cant stop thinking about things so it is a Catch 22. These moments, where I get out into the air, feed the ducks and whatever other duck like creatures come for the bread and watch my beautiful dog having fun, are like gold to me:) Life is a funny thing, I have learn't more than anything that it is about simplicity not wealth, materialism and status. You can find beauty all around you if you take the time to look. To be mindful. To learn to love the pleasure of giving pleasure:) Even if it is to your pet:) I highly recommend this if you are battling with a problem, an emotion or if you just feel a bit stressed or overwhelmed. Wind down and just be. Food for the soul:)

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment